Friday, December 17, 2010

Tape Fixes Everything


Oh to be a kid again and get to play in a bowl full of silver Christmas bulbs. Or um something.

Actually even though I'm not a kid, today was pretty much just all fun and games. I got to laze around in the morning reading magazines and then have lunch with my husband. After that, I was like a kid in the candy store except there was no store. Oh, and it wasn't candy it was cookies. So I guess the simile doesn't quite work does it? Never mind then. Just look at the picture.


Normally when I bake cookies I end up eating a good portion of the dough before it ever has a chance to go in the oven. But with my lack of an appetite, that wasn't really a problem this year. And well, that kind of made me sad. So I drowned my sorrows in wrapping paper and tape while listening to Mumford & Sons sing about Winter Winds. As much as I gush about them, the band should probably just start paying me some residuals or something. I think I'll write them about that right now.

Let's see, what else? Oh right. Drew's new TV got installed today. Frankly, I'd never know it had changed if the old one weren't currently leaning against the chair next to me.  My friend Eva told me I'm supposed to ask what it's black something or other is. See how important I thought it was--I can't even remember.

There is one amazing benefit to your husband getting a new TV though: he finally gets around to cleaning out the abyss that is the electrical closet.


I have been nagging and nagging about this black hole for months. Years even. I can't for the life of me understand why one television set requires so many little boxes, cables, wires and remotes. I mean is all of this necessary? Really?


I think Drew believes that if it has a label, I won't throw it away. So he sticks little blue painting tape labels on all of the wires. The kids have latched on to this theory by insisting that their most prized possession also get a label.
There Bernard, your poor chewed hat doesn't look so bad now, does it? See, tape fixes everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment