Sunday, December 12, 2010

Dozing on the Dozen


It's been a lazy Sunday here at Club Mellon. We certainly didn't do anything nearly as entertaining as whatever Bernard was up to last night. The kids got quite a kick out of finding him joyriding with Barbie--it might be their most favorite Elf position yet.

Me? Well, I've had a sinus headache all day which I am choosing to blame on this rainy, dreary day we've had. All I wanted to do was curl up in my nice warm bed and take a nap. So I did. Twice. And it was good.

Drew? Well he was up to no good today as demonstrated by my earlier tweets. First there was this one:

You wouldn't think you'd have to tell your husband not to call the children "butt cracks" but apparently I do.

That one came as he was taking them up for their nap--and yes both kids were proudly showing off their cracks, but is that really any reason to say: Let's go butt cracks? I mean really. I just know I'm going to get a call from Chase's teacher telling me he's been going around the playground screaming "Butt Cracks!" at the top of his lungs. It's like I'm raising a third child here.

And that wasn't even all the trouble the man caused--here's my second tweet of the day:

When I see Drew walking around with a measuring tape eyeing the TV, I swear I can hear ominous chords playing in my head.



According to my dear, sweet husband our 4 year old TV is "horribly outdated". Um, whatever dude. Tell Santa about it--but after your earlier behavior today I'm not sure the man in red will be sensitive toward your pleas. But wait, here he comes now---you can argue your case in person. 


I don't think those crazy ghost light eyes are scoring you any points though.


Next year, I promise to be better prepared and have my real camera handy to take these pictures of the Santa parade. I feel confident I'll be able to work that in somewhere between naps 1 & 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment