Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Never Stop Learning

Being a life long learner is, in my opinion, one of the greatest things to which a person can aspire. The never ending quest for new knowledge and the cultivation of new skill sets.  Just look at Bernard. How old do you think he is? 300? And he's still open to the idea of learning a new trade. I can't really speak to any acuity he may possess in tickling the ivories, but at least he's trying. That is what's important here. 


See, I follow my own advice. I really enjoy my quiet Starbucks time while Chase is at his keyboarding  lesson. Perhaps quiet is the wrong word since they've been playing the music in there a little loudly these days. Maybe surrounded solitariness is the better term. Being among the people but not actually having to talk to any of them. Sometimes small talk wears me out. And sometimes, I veer far away from the point--but I always find my way back. Life long learning--it's never too early to start.

Which is why today Chase and I worked on improving his table setting/chocolate milk preparing aptitude. Gotta train them young.  These things don't just learn themselves you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment