Monday, December 13, 2010

Monday again?

What can I say. Mondays are just dullsville around here. Even Bernard fell short of inspiring today:


 I really had good intentions of trying to come up with something spectacular to share with you, but it just didn't happen. But, as luck would have it, I somehow fandangoed my way into a themed post anyway. I had taken this picture this morning when I was still riding that 'I can totally be entertaining on a Monday' train:
That's my son watching every second tick by on the timer so that he doesn't have to brush his teeth a moment longer than necessary. Heaven forbid such a thing would happen.  And here's where the theme part comes into play because in addition to the normal boring gym, laundry, grocery store Monday list, I had to go to the dentist. I have anxiety about going to the dentist. Not because I'm afraid, but because I've never learned how to breathe through my nose when my mouth is open. So I spend the whole time trying to hold my breath so that I don't fog up his mirror thingy. But I can't hold my breath forever. Believe me, I've tried. And thus the anxiety. But that's not the point really. The point is that today is Good Dental Hygiene Day in the Mellon house. I passed with flying colors--see how sparkly clean my teeth are?
Why yes that is the same shirt that I wore last Wednesday. But it's super soft, brings out my eyes, and I totally mixed things up by adding my new jacket I got with my Nordstrom Rack Groupon. So really I fail to see the problem here. Did I mention it was a Monday?

No comments:

Post a Comment