Wednesday, April 21, 2010

When the Drew's Away, the Mellon Will Play

Play around with the existing decorating scheme that is. What do you think?
I'm not sure if the man is going to approve of my redesign, so I tried to use existing nail holes rather than make new ones. If the arrangement stays, I think I might move the smaller clock down and to the left just a smidge.  I'd also like to find a vintage, metal "4" since my little plate there isn't quite getting it done, but I suppose it makes an alright place holder for now.  Get it L-4?? Lissak 4?? I'm so clever it makes my head hurt.

That giant L?
Cool, right? It's an old car dealership sign. I got it from http://www.bluecarrotshop.com/ which is now bookmarked with a big smiley face next to it in my browser. That camera I picked up at the thrift store at the lake for $2.00. It's a Kodak Brownie Starmatic Camera and it even had its original box. I did a little happy dance in the store when I saw it. Got quite a few looks--and not the checking me out 'cause I'm so fine kind if you know what I mean.


ETA--per the suggestion of a design professional: 

Your thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. I like it better with all of the stuff. But I am not a design professional. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy1:56 PM

    I am not a design professional, but I think it looks too bare in the bottom picture. If it were me, I'd go with the top arrangement, but remove the small clock entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see my items happy in their new homes :) Also glad you like it, and that it arrived safely! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stuff. I love all theings vinatge :) I am not a design professional by any means, but personally I like the top pic better with all of the stuff. Either way though...I am in LOVE with your L sign!

    ReplyDelete