Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Spoiled? Who? My kids? I plead the fifth.

Andy stopped home for a surprise visit this morning. In his hands he carried an iced latte, egg salad sandwich and a rather large box. The box came all the way from England, and Drew informed us that it was a surprise for Chase & Amaya. I was wary as I opened the box as my husband has been known to go a bit overboard. He did not disappoint.

I opened the box, tipped it over and out fell a lifetime's supply of Chuggington trains.

 Since they're not available yet in the USA, I imagine Drew reasoned that if he had to pay for shipping from England he might as well buy the entire collection and get his money's worth. Cause obviously waiting a few months until you can buy them at the Target right down the road was out of the question. The term "restraint" doesn't seem to hold a lot of meaning for the man.

Let the record show that while yes, my children are spoiled; I had absolutely nothing to do with it.  I would very much appreciate your ruling on the matter prior to my posting the Easter pictures.  Double jeopardy, what?

3 comments:

  1. Those trains have got to be cool, so it was worth it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy3:53 PM

    I've never heard of those trains--I'm sure I will, however. Must be spoiled, and we'll blame it all on Andy. Thank God he spoils you too, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, Chase LOVES those trains. I personally don't see what the big deal is--they seem to be just like the 500 Thomas trains we already own. But the kid has done nothing but play with them since he got them.

    Mandy--Chuggington is a show on the Disney channel I think. Kind of like Thomas, but more cartoony. Yes, I have no complaints about the spoiling of myself...

    ReplyDelete