Monday, April 26, 2010

My Monday in Bullets

Today:
  • I walked up to my what I thought was my car in the gym parking lot only to find it had a different license plate--one of those vanity ones that I would definitely recognize.  I stood there for two minutes looking around trying to figure out where my car was before I realized that the vanity-plated car was, in fact, mine. Turns out Drew had ordered me one of those nifty WVU license plates without telling me. I think he does stuff like this to test me. Gee, I really hope I passed.
  • Chase has been asking for blueberries all week. Ever since he watched that dog chef on Disney Channel--what's his name Ze Fudge? Ze Fiddle? Ze Irksome?--make pancakes sprinkled with them, that's all the boy has been able to talk about. I promised him I'd buy some when I went grocery shopping today. Guess what? They had no blueberries. Of course.
  • You know what else they didn't have again for the second week in a row? Strawberry Chobani. I got some blueberry instead. Maybe Chase will be happy with a dollop of that on his pancake?
  • Just in case he isn't, I got frozen blueberry pancakes.
  • My receipt says I saved $35.47. 
  • I rewarded my thriftiness and berry ingenuity with a grande skim latte. 
  • I got home only to realize that I forgot to buy small dog treats--AGAIN. Contemplated returning my skim latte as punishment for this oversight, but decided to just give the dog another Greenie with a dollop of blueberry Chobani on it instead. 

2 comments:

  1. Laura, Laura...no more blueberries for the dog! They're supposed to be bad for canines, along with grapes and suchlike. Go figure. One of our Weimaraners snarfed a half-pound of chocolates off the coffee table once, and was fine. And chocolates are supposed to be the kiss of death...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I was just joking about the Chobani--it's way too expensive to waste it on a dog that is happy eating banana peels. I can understand the confusion though--my sense of humor is more than a bit off kilter.

    Good to know about the blueberries though as the dog follows the kids around like a street cleaner at Disney World whenever they have any food. I can just picture them dropping a blueberry or two, the dog inhaling the little fruits before even taking time to determine if it was in fact food, and then falling over comatose. Now I can avoid that outcome. Hopefully.

    ReplyDelete