Friday, May 14, 2010

That's right. I've been fired. By my own husband.

Yesterday, Drew informed me that he plans to eliminate my position at his company. When I asked why on earth he would do such a thing, he mumbled something along the lines of needing to "cut the fat from the budget" and "hire someone who will actually attend the office Christmas party". As you can imagine, I'm shocked and appalled. I'm quite sure I never read anything in my contract that said I actually had to go into the office to do actual work. Ridiculous.

So, this weekend, I'll be licking my wounds by indulging in pedicures and dinner with Eva and Adriana tonight, body combat Saturday morning, and antiquing with my sisters (in law) in the afternoon. I might even try to sneak in a movie somewhere if I can get away with it. Anyone care to join me??

I'm sure Drew feels extremely guilty, and I really don't want that. No, certainly not. I think the best thing for him to do is to buy me something pretty as a peace offering to smooth over that whole firing me thing. And, well looky here! I happen to have thrown together an entire outfit that he could buy  me at ModCloth. And he says I'm inefficient. Pa-Shaw!


No comments:

Post a Comment