Monday, November 22, 2010

Gotta know when to hold 'em

  Whoa boy, is this girl stubborn. She'll throw down attitude with nary a care for all the minutes she's going to end up spending in time out because of it. The smallest of slights will set her on a crying jag that can last hours. Here's just a snippet of what it sounds like when the little tyrant doesn't get her way--like say when Mama is so mean as to not allow her to play the kitty game on the iPhone unless she washes her sticky fingers first.

Say it with me: Drama Queen.  Good times, Good times.

Just when I think I've reached the end of my rope and my only remaining option is to send her away to live in a convent, the little monkey completely changes her strategy and plays the "Look how cute and innocent I am Mama" card instead.

 One look at that, and I am willing to completely forgive all of the hair pulling she'd put me through earlier. She must have some kind of warning bell installed in her brain that rings the alarm when she's almost used up the last of her earned adorableness credit because she always throws out that sweetness ace at the moment that I'm hanging on to my remaining sanity by the loosest of grips. Girl is a Trouble Card Shark. 

Still, even the mightiest of us fall from time to time, and one day she might find herself going all in at the moment I decide to go ahead and call her bluff.  Maybe that's the only way the girl will learn that sometimes you just have to fold 'em. Just in case that lesson is a little too abstract for a 2 year old, I think I'm going to slip a few of those boarding school brochures under her pillow, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment