Tuesday, June 14, 2011

This girl

You can just make out the tip of the pink cap of her chapstick tucked into her bathing 'soup' there.
will surely be the death of me. My end might come when she does something like channel Claire from the Breakfast Club by sticking her chapstick in her bathing suit top for safe keeping, thus making me laugh so hard I can't breathe. At least I'd be smiling when rigor mortis sets in.

However, I am more inclined to believe that child will just give me your run of the mill heart attack from her daredevil ways.  I nearly met my doom this very day when I took the children to Swallow Falls to run around and burn off some energy. Amaya is no slouch in the run around department:

She looks way older than almost 3 in this picture. 



But she soon tires of tedious things like keeping both feet firmly on the ground. So little Miss decided to hurl herself off of the swing when it was at its highest point like she's a fifth grade boy instead of a tiny tot. That left a mark.
Pretty long scratch. I think it's from the S hook on the swing. 
One would think after taking such a spill, that a being might be just a bit more cautious. You know at least for an hour or so. But nope not my daughter. Not more than 10 minutes later she was here:

and then she put her feet on to the next bar--at which point I ran over and got ready to catch her should she fall. Despite her protests of "Don't touch me Mama!", I kept two hands wrapped around her as she went for the top bar. No fear. Then it was time to get down. Which she can do by herself thankyouverymuch.
Oh yea, she's got that completely under control. Death from concurrent laughing induced suffocation and heart attack? I guess there are worse ways to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment