Friday, June 03, 2011

No Plans Yet This Friday Night?

Perhaps I can be of service. Allow me to provide for you both dinner and a concert. Let's start with the food as y'all know how much I love to eat. Cooking? Eh, not as much. Which is why I love this super simple, super scrumptious dish.
Baked Ham & Swiss Roll-Ups

I can't remember which magazine I stole the recipe from which makes me feel really rotten for not giving credit where credit is due. So rotten, that I promise to start writing down the source for all of my future favorite recipes when I make my little cards.

 Anyway, here is the recipe:

Baked Ham & Swiss Roll-Ups
Total time: 40 min
Serves: 4

1lb. pizza dough
1 tb. deli mustard
1/2 lb deli ham (thin sliced)
1/4 lb swiss cheese
1/2 small onion cut into rings

  1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Roll the pizza dough into a large circle and spread with the mustard. Cut the pizza dough into 8 triangles.
  3. Divide the ham, cheese and onion among the triangles. Starting at the wide end, roll the dough around the filling. (some filling will stick out)
  4. Transfer the rolls to the prepared baking sheet and bake until golden brown 20-25 minutes. Serve with salad if desired.  
That's it. 4 little steps. Even the most inept chef can handle 4 little steps--trust me I know. And the best part is you can make the roll-ups up to a day ahead and pop them unbaked in the refrigerator. Which makes this the perfect recipe for parties or Friday nights when you'd rather spend more time prepping yourself than dinner. Or as Amaya says: Puttin' on your makeups.

Speaking of Lil' Miss--here she is in that concert I promised you. Anyone with any musical taste at all will be able to tell she's headed for big things. Her record label probably won't let her keep giving free concerts for much longer,  so enjoy it while you can. 


No comments:

Post a Comment