Thursday, June 23, 2011

Don't even try to make sense of it

I sat on the dock the other night for a long while just watching this spider spinning its web.

It moved so fast that it was almost hypnotizing. And very hard to capture with the lens I had with me. Not that having a different lens would have made any difference due to my lack of photographic skill, but I like to pretend it would just to make myself feel better.

And I know some of you are wondering: No I am not creeped out by spiders. They might startle me, but once I realize what it is I calm down. But I've never encountered a big hairy spider like a tarantula either, so I can't say for certain that I'd never be bothered by spiders.
But do you know what did freak me out a bit down at the dock? This:


Algae covered ladder steps in murky water. I kept glancing over there sure that at any moment some nasty sea monster was going to climb up them and eat me for dinner. But I'm really working on trying to face my irrational fears, so I plopped myself down and tried not to inch any further away from the portal of doom.


But if  I'm being honest, I have to say that if the view hadn't been so lovely,  there is no way I would have lasted as long as I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment