Thursday, September 30, 2010

I'd Once Again Like It To Be Known That I Am NOT Crazy

Do you remember me posting a month ago about the dangling tree branch in my neighbor's yard that gave me anxiety attacks because I kept picturing it falling down on children? Remember how I was driving my husband batty with my constant reminders to keep the kids away from that side of our yard? Well, it turns out that I'm not so crazy after all. Five minutes ago I heard a loud thud. The dog was outside, and since he's getting old, I was afraid he'd somehow slipped down the deck steps or something. It was actually this:

Yep, that's the broken branch, plus the top half of the tree fallen right on top of the other neighbor's trampoline. Thank God the kids were all in school when it happened because it wasn't raining or anything at the time it fell--no reason but pure chance for kids not to have been in the yard at the time.

And see all of these little limbs--  
that's my yard where the kids like to go hunting for snakes & turtles while digging through the mulch. Any one of those limbs could have seriously hurt them--if not worse. I'm not looking quite so crazy anymore, am I?


Now, I just have to wait for the rest of that sucker to fall.


Or maybe I'll just go buy a chainsaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment