Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The art of diplomacy is lost on this one.

Jeanne (pointing toward the captain's chair): 4 sets of 15 straight leg raises.

Mellon: Listen, I already played your squat and lunge reindeer games--with nary a complaint I might add. So, I think we can just go ahead and skip this part.

Jeanne: Let's go.

Mellon. Knees?

Jeanne: Legs straight out.

Mellon: 3 sets?

Jeanne: 4.

Mellon: Right, 4 sets of 10.

Jeanne: 15.

Mellon: When you've got a minute, we're really going to need to sit down and go over your understanding of the word 'compromise'.

Jeanne (impatiently slapping the torture device): Hit it.

Mellon: Stubborn Irish Dictator.



In case you are also someone who enjoys inflicting pain on yourself or someone near and dear to your heart, you can find instructions for doing leg raises on the captain's chair here.

1 comment:

  1. I saw your blog advertised on mine and thought I would come over and take a look. It has been real enjoyable to read and made me laugh a bit. We can all always use that.
    Thank you for letting me visit.
    Susan
    http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com
    http://susan-livinghealthywithchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete