Tuesday, November 03, 2009

One of those days

Some days, being the mama requires the mental energy equivalent of the kinetic energy needed to shovel a driveway that has been buried in 4 feet of snow. Today was one of those days. Trying to accomplish the simplest of tasks felt to my mind like a marathon would feel to my body--not that my body will ever need to worry about feeling such things, but you get my point right? The constant whining demands of Chase mixed with the blood curdling screams of Amaya to fill 80% of my day. By 3pm I had nothing left to give, so I put in a 911 call to Drew. Bless the man for coming home an hour early.

Are you wondering about the other 20% of my day? Well, 18% went to their 1.5 hour nap during which I cleaned the kitchen, worked on laundry and enjoyed a cup of coffee while watching Gossip Girl. And 2% looked like this:

When 2 minutes later, Amaya tripped and fell setting off another 15 minute scream-a-thon, I had to convince myself that the earlier slice of peaceful play my children had engaged in had not been a mirage. Truthfully, without the photographic evidence, I'd still be debating the moment's existence.

Yep, today was one of those days. Here's hoping tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment