Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Can I keep him?

A few weeks ago, the rental company that manages our original lake house told Drew that we had bats living in our attic. I didn't really think that much about it since the house is surrounded by trees and next to a lake. You tend to to get visitors of the animal persuasion in your home when it's smack dab in the middle of their habitat. Plus, there was that time we found a dead baby bat in the kitchen sink at the new house. Sad.

I guess Andy had arranged for someone to go clear them out because when I woke up this morning, I found an email from him that contained a picture of the type of animal that had actually been squatting in our house. It certainly wasn't a family of bats.



Isn't he cute? Of course, that isn't a picture of the actual flying squirrel that had made his home with us, this one came from http://wagthedog.blogware.com. But, I'm sure our little guy shares similar physical attributes to the one pictured. Andy thinks that if I were to come back as an animal, it would be as a flying squirrel. I wonder if that means he'll let me keep one as a pet?

No comments:

Post a Comment