Sunday, October 04, 2009

Under the Table and Dreaming


I don't know if Chase and Amaya are dreaming, but I know I sure am. In my dream, moments like this where the two little angels are actually getting along and playing together far outnumber the moments where the two little devils are waging war against each other. I have hope that this may someday be a reality since this isn't the first time that I've observed the miracle of sibling camaraderie. I was also party to a similar truce at the park last week. But since the days following harbored no further evidence of peace between the two sides, I was beginning to believe their brief show of good will for each other was a cruel anomaly thrown in there to tease me with visions of a life I'd never really know.

But now, with two peaceful interactions observed and documented digitally, I believe it is safe to give voice to my hopes that they may finally be rounding the corner from sworn enemies to grudging acceptance. I'm not naive enough to believe true friendship will come without the passage of a few more epic battles, but I do believe the tides are turning.



It's no secret that my kids are aware of how cute each one is individually.


If only I could just get them to understand that when they're happily getting along their cuteness grow exponentially. Of course, once they do arrive at this conclusion, they'll probably use the knowledge to aid them in a whole new battery of evil plans, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I'm pretty sure that anything they would throw at me would have to be better than the screaming matches, hair pulling and diabolical tormenting. Perhaps I am still dreaming. If so, don't wake me. I like it here in Neverland.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They're so cute. Looks like fun times at your place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I think of playing under a table, I always remember Grandpa Track's house with you, me, Shelby and Aaron playing under the kitchen table. We were in the adults' way, so they shooed us out on to the porch. You had a purple jelly bean doll, and I believe that was the origin of the "gonna rub some snuff" comment. Does any of this ring any bells?

    ReplyDelete