Sunday, March 22, 2009

Horsin around

We finally made it to the lake this weekend. The last time we were there was Thanksgiving--crazy right? This wasn't from a lack of desire as we have planned to go several different times, but for one reason or another, fate kept us from making the trip--well until this weekend that is. It was good to be back. It's so quiet and relaxing there.

Well it was relaxing after I put away all of the kitchen accessories that Drew had sent to the house for our Christmas trip that never happened. I think he had 25 different boxes to unpack--he tends to go overboard my husband. He swears that I said that I needed everything that he ordered in order to make Christmas dinner, but I deny the charges. I believe the evidence is in my favor on this one. Allow me to present to you exhibit A: a 2 liter measuring cup. Now ladies and gentlemen of the blogosphere, I ask you: Why would I request an item be bought for the lake when I don't even own one at home? I have prepared numerous holiday dinners over the years for crowds much larger than that expected for the holiday in question and never once needed or even wished for such a large measuring device. Therefore, it makes no logical sense for me to specifically request that my husband purchase a 2 L measuring cup and have it sent to the lake. I rest my case. (on a side note, do you still call it a measuring cup when it's so large?)

Despite the debate over who was responsible for the Amazon avalanche in the house, we had a wonderful weekend. Saturday Grandma and Grandpa came to visit. The kids had fun being the center of attention and ended up expending so much energy that they both took 2.5 hour naps that afternoon. That never happens. Here are a couple of pictures from our walk down to the lake shore that day.



On Sunday, we all were lazy in the morning--I guess we needed a little more time to recover from playing with the G-parents. Once we finally got moving, we had lunch at Uno's and then went to Circle R Ranch so Chase could ride a pony. He thoroughly enjoyed his equestrian experience, and I think he looked awfully cute in his riding helmet. Amaya had fun watching her brother, but I could tell she really wanted to get on a pony of her own. I'm sure we'll be back many times in the coming years.



No comments:

Post a Comment