Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wherefore Art Thou Pixie Dust?

If I were a magical Disney fairy who could grant everyone a single special offering, I would give the gift of a true friend. Someone who loves you and supports you through every choice you make, wrong or right. Someone like my Manders:


We've been BFFs since the day she was born. She wasn't really given a choice in the matter actually. But I hope she's ok with that. She is my rock. My therapist. My co-conspirator. My escape. My grounding. My return to the person I was. My launch pad into the person I will be. She's seen me at my best and at my worst. And she's been there cheering me on for 32 years now. No really, she has. See:


I just wish we lived closer so we could have more Mamas Gone Wild nights. I mean who else would indulge my narcissistic need to have my photo taken every time I get my hair done?


Or think there is nothing wrong with buying something just because you think the bottle is the most adorable thing Ev-vah?


I don't even want to drink it. I just want to look at it. And she understands this. Thinks it's normal even. 

Yes, I do believe everyone needs someone in her life who not only understands her crazy but embraces it.  Now, if I could just find my bucket of pixie dust...

No comments:

Post a Comment