Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Two Thoughts Tuesday: Twist my Farm

1) Sunday's gorgeous weather found us taking a trip to Frying Pan Park to visit with the animals. Is there anything cuter than baby farm animals? I mean this is the main reason that I won't eat lamb


or veal. I just can't get the picture of these cute little creatures out of my head long enough to bring the fork to mouth. Just the thought of eating a baby animal makes my stomach twist and bile begin to rise in my throat. Not exactly appetizing.


And I'm not sure I can ever eat bacon again after seeing this.


At least not for a day or two anyway.



Now chickens, on the other hand, just don't register the same response. Pass the nuggets. 


2) Throughout our entire visit at the farm, my children not only refrained from the constant squabbling and nitpicking, but actually appeared to enjoy each other's company.


At first, I thought it might be a side effect of the fresh spring air and the wide open running room.


But upon further reflection, I think they stepped up their game after observing this finely modeled example of sibling harmony. 


Nothing says love your brother like a Pile O' Piggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment