Saturday, September 19, 2009

Dear Pottery Barn

I get a little electric charger cursing through my body when I see your catalog in the mailbox. It is my home style bible. I love the smell of it and all the inspiration that's contained within its covers. I dream of living the idyllic life that is invoked by the neatly labeled baskets, plush sofas and perfectly accessorized shelves. So imagine my delight when I came across this page in the October issue.


I understand you might be confused. Let me just show you this picture of my living room.

Notice any similarity between the two? It seems that your designers and I have a similar affinity for a certain carnival game. I've had mine hanging there for a few months now, so I just have to ask: In the words of the great Black Eyed Peas, are you chickens jackin my style? Cause if you are, I'm completely cool with it. Especially if you want to use my consultation services. I'd forget the whole thing entirely if you had 3 of these wrapped and shipped to my house.
You've got my number--we'll talk soon.

XXOO,
Laura

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:52 PM

    did you rearrange your living room a bit since the last time I was there? I think the safa was on the other wall. Yes you recognize trends on the early side huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:50 PM

    Are the new floors in the living room? If so, they look really nice! Also, never noticed that there are 2 tones of blue in the room. Guess we are always in a gurry to get to the toys. :)

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, the couch was like that for Chase's party...remember sitting there making those buggy hats?

    Teresa, yes those are the new floors. They look very similar to the original ones, no? But, yes we are much happier with them than the dark ones. One day, you'll have to come over for tea in my living room. Kid free chillaxing. :-)

    ReplyDelete