Friday, March 26, 2010

Share the love

Playing in the driveway in the afternoons is tough because starting around 2, the sun beats down on that side of the house hard. With all of the blacktop and nothing to speak of in the shade department, it can be down right uncomfortable to play there at times. So it isn't surprising that that particular location is the only place the kids want to be after nap. Luckily, yesterday was warm, but mostly cloudy which is the perfect weather for driveway play.

While the kids were drawing their masterpieces in chalk, I decided to make one of my own. Because I'm so sweet, passive and full of love, I drew an orange heart.

Chase: What's that Mama?
Mama: It's a heart.

Upon further inspection, Chase decided that it my art was missing something. 

Chase: Oh. It needs eyes. And a nose. And a mouth.
Mama: That's nice. Hello Mr. Heart.
Chase: No, not yet. He needs eyebrows, neck, shoulders and some feet. There.






Mama: Now he's ready to dance.

Chase: That's what I'm talking about.

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids have the most interesting view of the world, don't they?

    ReplyDelete