Thursday, December 10, 2009

How often has the Christmas tree, Afforded me the greatest glee!

Our tree was trimmed a while ago, but I'm just now getting around to sharing the pictures. A week's worth of time between taking the pictures and writing the narrative for the pictures means that my memory can become a bit foggy on the details regarding the event. I've found that when the brain refuses to cooperate, bullet points are the answer. So here we go!
  • I was grumpy because I had to spend 30 minutes speaking unkind words at the lights before they decided to illuminate themselves. Pre-lit tree my bahootie.
  • My hands getting all scrapped up from shaping the branches also contributed to my cranky disposition.
  • Chase was more interested in the packing confetti than in the ornaments. He strung it all over the main level of the house.
  • Andy became cranky when he had to sweep up the confetti that was all over the house.

  • Amaya took her job of snowman inspector very seriously.
  • She also enjoyed trying to remove all of the ornaments her brother put on the tree.


  • Chase is heavy. I am short. These two things made Chase's desire of being lifted to the top of the 9 foot tree pretty much impossible.

  • Only one bulb broke. And it wasn't one of the pretty ones. The angels were on our side this year.
  • Even so, Drew got a bit crankier when he had to get the broom and dustpan out again.
  • My tree makes me happy enough that I'll do it all again next year.



  • As long as I don't read this post first.

No comments:

Post a Comment