Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Nesting

The past month or so, I have been on a mission to make the backyard and deck area my perfect little oasis. Pregnancy hormones are with out a doubt the cause of this over powering need to have a quiet little sanctuary. I am sure that I have driven Andrew crazy with my frantic search for the perfect pillows, bistro set, flower boxes and window coverings for the gazebo. Well, the man can finally breathe a little easier. As of last night, I am 95% happy with my outdoor area. That other 5% will come when I plant my flowers in their boxes and pots. Here are a few pictures of some of my treasures. So now when I tell you that I'm spending the spring and summer outside lounging about like I'm the Queen of Sheba, you will have a visual to go with my ramblings.


Here are pictures of the patio area:



Please keep poor little Fern in your thoughts. I nearly killed her when I put her inside next to a heating vent. She is starting to come back, and we continue to hope that the fresh air does her well.


Here's a view of Chase's sandbox. He loves to play here and get all gritty and grimy. I don't mind because I can see it from all of my comfy deck chairs.

Speaking of the deck, here are a few pictures of it:


This is the bistro table that I searched and searched for. It literally had me tossing and turning at night. Then, I found this lovely set at the Pottery Barn Outlet. And then Mellon was happy. The flower boxes in the back are going to be filled with hydrangeas--I wanted to see what they would look like before I bought a gazillion of them.


And here is my most favorite happy place: The Gazebo:
Curtains closed


Curtains Open. This by the way is where I take my daily naps. ;-)


Reading chair

Here's a view of the whole thing. Doesn't Chase's bubble maker add a certain degree of class to the whole ensemble?


Most of the accessories that I have used came from Target, Costco and the Outlet Mall. I am a bargain huntress after all. I am available for design and/or shopping consultations...

And lest ye think that I've only been nesting outside, I'd have you know that nearly everything is purchased for Amaya's room as well. I am just waiting for next Thursday and the arrival of Chase's new dresser so that I can move his changing table and little dresser into her room. Then, I'll be able to put her room together, too. Pictures to be shared in the next few weeks.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:08 PM

    Gorgeous! I love the gazebo. It's a perfect spot for an afternoon nap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:26 PM

    An afternoon nap? What's that?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:59 PM

    Can I just say WOW!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful!!! Whenever I own a place to decorate, I might have to hire you for design and shopping consult. It all looks amazing. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete