Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Two Thoughts Tuesday: Volume Two

1. The other night, I had a dream that Jillian Michaels died in a car crash. I woke up 100% convinced that she was dead to the point where I was angry that my entertainment news feed was filled with Lindsey Lohan headlines instead of reporting on her passing. Of course, at some point I realized what had happened, and then I wondered--is this how all of those celebrity death rumors got their start?



2.  I found the coolest app for purposes of child entertainment: Pottery Barn Costume Finder for iPhone: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pottery-barn-kids-costume/id387049651?mt=8 
When I say found, I mean that Pottery Barn sent me an email telling me about it--but I clicked on the provided link, so I should get full credit here.

It is not only totally awesome, but also super simple--the perfect combination if you ask me. All you do is take a picture of your subject using the handy guide marks, and then you can superimpose all of Pottery Barn's Halloween Costumes over the image. The hardest part was actually getting my little airplane and butterfly to stand still long enough to snap the photo.


The kids have no problem independently using the app since it's just a simple finger swipe motion to change the costume. That's not to say that it's always a peaceful exchange, as I constantly hear squawks of "It's my turn now!" and "No, Amaya do it!" If anyone ever invents an app that puts an end to sibling squabbles, let me know. Send me an email or something.

Best part? It's free. Yes, I know that's because it's essentially one giant advertisement for PBK products, but I'm ok with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment