Saturday, July 26, 2008

For those who may be wondering what I've been up to lately

I've been reading this:

It is a humorous look back at life of an ordinary boy growing up in 1950's Des Moines. Well, he isn't entirely ordinary as few people can describe events, places and customs with such finite detail while maintaining a constant balance between the factual information provided and the overly enhanced, if not completely imagined happenings that weave their way into Bill Bryson's memoir. And even though I'm of the eighties generation myself, I did watch Stand by Me, Peggy Sue Got Married and A Christmas Story so I had very reliable references for which to relate the reminisces provided in this book. Hollywood is after all nothing if not 100% accurate in its period portrayals.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:21 AM

    Ha. I bet that's a pretty good read. And, of course, Hollywood is 100% accurate in period portrayals. lol.

    ReplyDelete