Friday, May 20, 2011

Pop!

I've been thinking about bubble wrap a bit lately. More specifically, the possibility that I may have used a bit too much when I was insulating my heart from all of the pain and misery that exists in this world. That in my desire to protect myself from feeling helpless and angry, I have also denied entry to the joys that the world can offer as well.  

Is being protected from feeling sad worth the trade of not feeling much of anything at all? Does turning a blind eye to the wrongs in this world make me any better than the forces that created those very injustices? If we choose to See no evil, Hear no evil, and Speak of no evil; then haven't we made it that much easier for wily, opportunistic Evil to become quite the proliferating monster indeed?

And is something that is never used really worth protecting in all that air-filled plastic? Or will years of neglect find it moth eaten and in ill repair when the day finally comes that I do decide to let my heart breathe again?

I think it might be time to pop some bubbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment