Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Food for Thought: A breakfast conversation

Chase: I don't know what I wanna be when I grow up.

Mama: That's ok kid, you've got some time to figure it out.

Chase: Until the last day of grade 12? That's when I need to think about it?

Mama: Yea I guess, but you can still change your mind even then. It's ok to not know where you want to go in life when you're only 18.

Chase: Did you change your mind?

Mama: I did.

Chase: That's when you decided to be a Mama. Right?

Mama: Yep, that's how it worked.

Chase: Because you loved me and Amaya. So you wanted to be the Mama. Right?

Mama: You're one smart cookie.

Chase: I know, I'm super smart. I know what I'm going to be when I grow up now.

Mama: What's that?

Chase: A super hero!

Mama: Well, I'd say you're well on your way there champ.



Chase: Keeeee--yaaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment