Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Two Thoughts Tuesday: What's Really Important

1) Friends. Friends are important. Not only for the human members of the family:


but for the canine ones as well:


And bonus--the harder they play with their friends, the longer they will sleep in the following morning. Everyone wins you see.

2. People who have looked at my photos from the lake comment on how happy I seem there. Not that I'm not happy here, but it's a different kind of happy I guess. A peaceful one. A comfortable one. It feels like home. And I think one thing that brings out that Laura is that I don't feel the need to impress anyone at the lake. I just put on some clothes, pull my hair back and go.

I am thinking that I'd like to bring some of that carefree attitude back to NoVa. Since I can't run around barefoot in my bikini here, the other option is to stick with the natural hair look instead of spending 30+ minutes drying and straightening everyday. But, since I am home in the land of real housewifesque women, and I'll have to go to work, I need it to look a little more 'styled' than it does at the lake. But I need your help as I have never tried to embrace the curly before, so I am not sure the best way to go about it. I do plan to ask Akram when I see him later this week, but I imagine he's going to grump at me a bit because he likes to make my hair paper thin, straight and glossy. Anyway this is what my hair looks like when I just add conditioning lotion, a little mousse and then let it air dry:

Which is ok I guess, but I want it to look a little softer--I don't like the crunchiness that comes from too much mousse. Nor do I like the wet look of gels.  And I don't want to spend oodles of time with a curling iron as that kind of defeats the purpose of embracing the curly. But, I don't want the frizzies to take over either. So--what would y'all suggest? Am I asking for the moon? Maybe I should get a perm? Or should I just be happy with ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment